The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) administers the Graduate Management Admission Test, also known as the GMAT exam, for MBA admissions in numerous nations throughout the world. The GMAT 2023 exam is computer-based, and there are multiple-choice questions (MCQ) in it.
Students can check all the information on GMAT enrollment, exam dates, syllabus, and costs at the official GMAT website, www.mba.com/exams. Students who want to pursue an MBA or PGDM overseas must take the GMAT exam in 2023, and the results will be used in the admissions process.
The GMAT entrance exam for MBA or any business school is based on the GMAT scores for admission into any colleges or universities worldwide that participate in the GMAT as well as many prestigious institutions in India. The GMAT exam is developed to assess applicants’ abilities in the areas that are most crucial for management programs.
GMAT 2023 Highlight
|Full Exam Name||(GMAT) Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||(GMAC) Graduate Management Admission Council|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Participating Colleges||196 Colleges|
|Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Registrations||29 august 2023|
GMAT eligibility criteria
GMAC, the Graduate Management Aptitude Council, will be hosting the GMAT exam in 2023. No discrimination is present based on background, history, sex, nationality, or religion. On the following, the GMAT eligibility requirements are based: –
- A valid passport is required for applicants to take the GMAT.
- For the GMAT, an applicant must be at least 18 years old. If an applicant is under 18, they must have formal parental or guardian consent in order to take the GMAT. The GMAT exam has no higher age limit.
- A candidate may sit for the GMAT 2023 exam if they hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. The GMAT exam can be taken by undergrads in their final year or by working adults.
- Since the GMAT exam is given in English, knowledge of the language is required to understand the questions. It is not necessary to use it as a medium of education for school or college studies, though.
- A candidate may attempt the GMAT a maximum of five times each year, with a 16-day break between each attempt. One is only allowed to make eight attempts in their lifetime.
GMAT 2023 application process
The GMAT exam registration period is now open for 2023. The GMAT exam is offered all year long. GMAT registration is possible six months in advance of the desired date. Students can review all the information on the GMAT website:
- Visit the official website of GMAT.
- Create your GMAT Profile.
- After creating your GMAT profile enter your Personal Information, Profile Details and do verify your profile.
- Schedule Your GMAT exam with selecting date of the test and center.
- Confirm GMAT exam 2023 every details.
- After filling up this form Pay GMAT exam fees online.
- After the successful payment you will received a confirmation via email.
- Verify your name, location of citizenship, date of birth, and gender match the details in the identification proof presented on the GMAT exam day.
- The next step is to select the institution receiving the GMAT scores (max 5 programmes).
- Review the confirmation letter for the GMAT exam carefully and check whether all the details are correct.
GMAT exam 2023 exam pattern
|Mode of the exam||Computer based|
|Types of test available||Online exam at test center|
|Duration||3 hours 7 minutes|
|Number of questions||80 questions in total|
|Types of questions||MCQs|
|Type of test||Computer adaptive|
GMAT exam 2023 preparation tips
- If you want to be prepared for the GMAT in 2023, you need to establish a study plan.
- You should be familiar with the test’s format if you plan to take the GMAT. As a result, you will grow more accustomed to the test’s syllabus, question types, and scoring methodology.
- As soon as you choose your preferred exam date, start your regular study routine and enroll in a coaching class for additional support.
- Maintaining good physical and mental health will help you unwind.
To gain additional experience, revise your syllabus every day.
5 reasons to choose GMAT EXAM
- Been granted admission to Top Business Schools Around the World
- The adaptability of the GMAT exam over the year
- GMAT Score Validity up to 5 years
- The GMAT Examination Has a Clear Syllabus
- Availability of Scholarships.
Colleges accepting GMAT exam
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Indore
- IIM Luknow
- IIM Indor
Other colleges accepting GMAT score
|Name of the MBA Institute||Location|
|Indian School of Business||Hyderabad|
|Xavier Institute of Management||Jamshedpur|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM)||Indore|
|Amity School of Business||Noida|
|Institute of Management Technology||Nagpur|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship||Bangalore|
|Christ University Institute of Management||Bangalore|
|SDM Institute of Management Development||Mysore|
|Fortune Institute of International Business||New Delhi|
|Indus Business Academy||Bangalore|
|Indian Institute of Management||Bangalore|
|Xavier University (XIMB)||Bhubaneshwar|
|Universal Business School||Mumbai|
|Institute of Management Technology||Hyderabad|
|Indian Institute of Management||Calcutta|
|International Management Institute||Delhi|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade||Delhi|
|NMIMS University School of Business Management||Mumbai|
|Institute of Management Technology||Ghaziabad|
|T.A. Pai Management Institute||Manipal|
|Indian Institute of Management||Shillong|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology||Greater Noida|
|Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management||Mumbai|
|Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research||Mumbai|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management||Delhi|
|Institute of Financial Management and Research||Sri City|
|NIILM Centre for Management Studies||Greater Noida|
|Amrita School of Business||Coimbatore|
|IFIM Business School||Bangalore|
|Institute of Management Studies||Ghaziabad|
|Siva Sivani Institute of Management||Hyderabad|
|International Management Institute||Bhubaneshwar|
|VIT Business School||Chennai|
|IILM Institute of Business and Management||Gurgaon|
|Doon Business School||Dehradun|
|Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management||Mumbai|
|ITM Business School||Bangalore|
|IBS Business School||Ahmedabad|
|ITM Business School||Chennai|
|International School of Management Excellence||Bangalore|
|K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management and Research (KJSIM)||Mumbai|
|MIT School of Telecom Management||Pune|
|Indus Business School||Gurgaon|
ASIA colleges accepting GMAT scores
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
- Tsinghua University
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Seoul National University
- Peking University
- CUHK (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Europe colleges accepting GMAT scores
- London Business School
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- University of Navarra (IESE)
- HEC Paris School of Management
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- ESADE Ramon Llull
- The University of Warwick
- Bocconi University
- Copenhagen Business School
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Imperial College London
- The University of Manchester
USA colleges accepting GMAT scores
- Stanford University
- Northwestern University
- Yale University
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- Harvard University
- Columbia University
- Dartmouth College
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
- University of Michigan
- New York University (NYU)
- University of Texas at Austin
- Cornell University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Boston University
Australia colleges accepting GMAT scores
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney)
- The Australian National University
- The University of Sydney
- RMIT University
Canada colleges accepting GMAT scores
- McGill University
- University of Toronto
- York University
- University of British Columbia
- Queen’s University–Kingston
- Université de Montréal
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
- Simon Fraser University
- The University of Western Ontario
- Concordia University
What is the GMAT exam?
The GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is a standardized test designed to assess the aptitude of candidates seeking admission to graduate management programs, such as MBA (Master of Business Administration).
How can I register for the GMAT exam 2023?
You can register for the GMAT exam through the official website of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), the organization that administers the exam. Online registration is typically available, and you can choose a nearby test center and date that suits you.
What is the format of the GMAT exam?
The GMAT is a computer-adaptive test (CAT), which means the difficulty of questions is adjusted based on your performance. The exam consists of four sections: Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment, Quantitative Reasoning, and Verbal Reasoning.
How long is the GMAT exam?
The total duration of the GMAT exam is approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes, including two optional breaks.