Every January, XLRI administers the online Xavier Aptitude Test. There are 81 cities across India where the online exam is offered. An applicant may submit more than one program application. People who apply to numerous programs may receive calls for multiple interviews and/or focus groups. Depending on the type of program, different programs may have varied selection criteria.
You need to perform at your best in each of the several sections of the XAT online test. The candidates from various backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply by XLRI in its pursuit of academic success. In addition to XAT performance, we may take into consideration the short-listed candidates’ academic background and appropriate professional experience while preparing them for the interview.
In addition to how well candidates performed in their interviews and group discussions, XAT performance is consider academic background, pertinent professional experience, and extracurricular activities when generating the final list.
What is XAT Exam?
More than 160 colleges in India offer admission to MBA and PGDM programs through the national-level Xavier Aptitude Test. The top business schools that accept the XAT exam are IMT Ghaziabad, XLRI Jamshedpur, and XIMB Bhubaneswar. The official notification for XAT 2024 has been made public, and registration will start on July 15th, 2023. The test will be 3 hours and 30 minutes long will take place on January 7, 2024. The exam times have been altered from 9:30 am to 12:40 pm to 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
XAT 2024 Highlights
In terms of the paper pattern, the XAT test 2024 will be similar to the XAT 2023. Before starting their XAT exam preparation, students should familiarize themselves with the information provided below:
|Full form||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Conducting body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Mode of exam||Computer based online test|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Total time given for examination||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Total questions for the candidates to attempt||102|
|Section in question paper||Part 1: Decision Making, Verbal & Logical Ability, and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation Part 2: Mock Keyboard Testing Part 3: General Knowledge and Essay Writing|
|XAT application form||Online|
|Courses offered||PGDM, MBA|
XAT exam 2024 important dates
|Starting date of XAT registration||15 July 2023|
|Ending date of XAT registration||30 November 2023|
|Release of XAT admit card||Soon to be announced|
|XAT exam date||7 January 2024|
XAT eligibility criteria
Candidates are welcome to apply and show up for the exam if they meet the specified XAT eligibility conditions. To sit for the exam, candidates must meet the XAT eligibility requirements. Here is the eligibility for the XAT for 2024 as of last year:
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in any discipline that took them three years or more to finish.
- Candidates in the final yea are also eligible to apply or appear for the XAT exam.
- There is no minimal passing percentage for the XAT exam.
- NRI students can also apply easily through the GMAT exam.
XAT 2024 exam pattern
- XAT 2024 exam question paper will contain 102 questions.
- Total 175 minutes will be given to complete part 1. The candidate will then go to Part 2 and Part 3 of the XAT exam after that.
- Part 3’s General Knowledge section has no failing grades. The XAT exam’s percentile computation excludes the GK part.
- If a candidate is selected for additional admission rounds, only then is the essay writing section calculated.
- Every MCQ will have five answer options and a single correct response.
Registration process for XAT exam 2023
Step 1: To register on the official XAT website, the applicant must first sign up as a new user and enter the required information. Name, Contact Details and Email ID
Step 2: The candidate will receive their XAT ID and Password through email or SMS after submitting the form.
Step 3: The candidate must complete the online application form after receiving the XAT ID. The documents needed to get registered for the XAT 2024 are:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience and candidate’s Profile Details
- Photograph and Signature should be uploaded
- Proofs of the certificates and valid mark sheets
Step 4: Candidates must pay the registration cost after completing the application.
XLRI XAT Cut Offs 2023
Business Management (BM)
Human Resource Management (HRM)
|Male (non- Engineering)||90|
|Female( non- Engineering)||87|