Registration for the West Bengal NEET Counselling 2023 or WBMCC NEET UG Counseling will start on July 25, 2023, as the counseling conducting body officially announced on July 21, 2023. According to the WBMCC, candidates will have till July 28, 2023 (4:00 PM) to complete the WB NEET UG application forms once the registration window opens at 11:00 am. Candidates interested in participating in the WB counseling for the West Bengal NEET 2023 can submit their applications online at wbmcc.nic.in. The WB NEET UG seats’ counseling is administered by West Bengal Main Computerized Counselling (WBMCC).
There will be two rounds of West Bengal NEET counseling in 2023, both of which will be online. Only if there are still open seats after the second round will the third round be led. The mop-up round, also known as the stray vacancy round, is typically organized offline.
Candidates who passed this year’s National Eligibility Cumulation Entrance Test (NEET) would be qualified to take part in the counseling procedure. The candidate must register on the WBMCC website in order to take part in the West Bengal NEET 2023 counseling session.
|Name of Examination
|NEET-UG or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG)
|West Bengal NEET Counselling Conducted by
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|NEET 2023 Exam Date
|7 May 2023
|NEET 2023 Result
|13 June 2023
|MCC AIQ NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date
|20th July 2023
|West Bengal NEET Counselling 2023 Starting Date
|West Bengal NEET Counselling Conducting Authority
|Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare West Bengal.
|No. of Government MBBS Seats in WB
|No. of Private MBBS Seats in WB
|No. of Govt BDS Seats in WB
|No. of Private BDS Seats in WB
West Bengal NEET UG Counseling Schedule
|WBMCC Counselling 2023 Registration Begins
|25 Jul 2023 – 28 Jul 2023
|27 Jul 2023 – 31 Jul 2023
|Seat Matrix Releases
|1 Aug 2023
|Choice Filling & Option Locking
|1 Aug 2023 – 2 Aug 2023
|Final Merit list Releases
|5 Aug 2023
|Reporting to colleges
|7 Aug 2023 – 8 Aug 2023
|NEET UG Result
|13 Jun 2023
- The applicants must have achieved success in the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Candidates must reside in West Bengal..
- The applicants must have finished the 10+2 program with at least 50% in the required disciplines of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English; the requisite percentages are 40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for physically handicapped applicants.
- By December 31, 2023, the candidate should have reached the age of 17. Candidates who were born on or after February 1, 2005, are ineligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS programs.
Counseling registration process
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates must register on the WBMCC’s official website, wbmcc.nic.in, where they can fill out the registration form and create a profile for West Bengal NEET 2023 counseling by selecting “New Registration.”
- After submitting the application, the applicant must select their domicile type (a1, a2, or b).
- Online receipt printing after paying the application fee.
West Bengal Counseling Fees
Information on West Bengal MBBS and BDS counseling fees in Indian rupees for the general, other follow classes, scheduled caste, and scheduled tribe categories is provided in this section.
Step 2: Document verification
Participation in the West Bengal NEET 2023 counseling requires document verification. Candidates must present their authentic certificates when they appear at the verification centers. Only once their documents have been satisfactorily checked will a candidate be permitted to take part in West Bengal NEET 2023 counseling.
Step 3: Choice filling
A candidate can move on to choice filling after the verification process is finished. The candidate must log into the registered account to complete this process, which is likewise conducted online. They are free to select as many colleges and courses as they desire. Dates for choice declaration for West Bengal NEET 2023 round 1 counseling will be announced by WBMCC. Candidates can access the allocation list from last year, broken down by rank, at the website provided below. This will allow students to appropriately express their preferences for college and courses.
Step 4: Seat allotment list
A seat allocation list will be made public by the WBMCC before to the start of each round. According to the selections they made and the position they achieved, the candidates will be assigned seats. The West Bengal seat allocation list will include the following information:
- The current round of West Bengal NEET counselling
- All India Rank secured in NEET exam 2023
- Choice number
- Name of the institute allotted
- Course allotted
- Category under which the seat was allotted to the candidate
- Category of the candidate
- Status of allotment (Upgraded/ Retained/Fresh allotment/ Not upgraded)
Step 5: Reporting to the institute
Candidates who received a seat in the West Bengal NEET 2023 counseling process should submit to the designated institute for admission confirmation. A candidate’s candidacy will be void if they don’t show up at the institute.
Top medical colleges in West Bengal
- Kolkata Medical College, Kolkata
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research, Kolkata
- SSIT College of Management and Allied Health Science, Kolkata
- R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
- IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences , Kolkata
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Durgapur
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- Annex College, Kolkata
- George Group of Colleges, Kolkata
How is the seat allotment done during West Bengal NEET UG Counselling?
Seat allotment is based on the NEET UG 2023 rank, choices filled by the candidates, availability of seats, and reservation criteria. Candidates will be allotted seats in their preferred colleges based on these factors.
Is there any reservation for candidates belonging to West Bengal?
Yes, there is usually a reservation policy for candidates belonging to West Bengal.
Can I participate in multiple rounds of counselling?
Yes, candidates who have not been allotted a seat in the first round or those who wish to upgrade their seats can participate in subsequent rounds of counselling.