The Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) administers ATMA, a nationwide entrance exam. It is used for admissions into various postgraduate management programs, such as MBA, PGDM, MCA, and other management courses offered by participating institutions across India. A center-based test called ATMA is given several times a year. Each section of the exam lasts for three hours. For check-in and verification, candidates had to arrive at the testing location at least an hour before the exam time. Along with the ATMA admission card, they need provide additional crucial papers.
|AIMS Test for Management Aptitude 2023
|National Level Entrance test
|Association of Indian Management Schools
|Multiple times a year
|MBA Entrance Exam
|Mode of examination
ATMA EXAM important dates to remember
|ATMA July session date
|ATMA registration start date
|July 3, 2023
|Last date of fee payment
|July 15, 2023
|ATMA registration last date
|July 16, 2023
|Last date of printing the ATMA application form
|July 23, 2023
|Availability of ATMA admit card 2023
|July 20, 2023
|AIMS ATMA exam date
|July 23, 2023
|ATMA result exam date
|July 28, 2023
When is ATMA conducted?
Multiple times a year, in the months of February, April, May, August/September, and December, ATMA is conducted. For the months of May and February, the exam has already been held. The July alerts are now available. The test will be given on July 23, 2023. The applicants must register online at www.atmaaims.com, the official website. The last day to register will be July 16, 2023, with registration having begun in June. On the official website, you may find the complete notification, key dates, costs, and other pertinent details.
The admit cards are made available by AIMS three days before the test. From July 20 till the day of the exam, you can download it online. In India, ATMA is held in more than 30 cities. On July 28, candidates can download their scorecards and submit applications to the desired institutions in accordance.
ATMA Application procedure
- On June 3, 2023, registration for the July session of the ATMA 2023 was opened.
- Candidate information such as name, email address, birth date, etc. must be entered.
- After completing the form, click the next button to upload the relevant documents in scanned form.
- The deadline to submit an application for ATMA 2023 is July 16, 2023.
- Pay the application fee with a debit/credit card, UPI, or another payment method.
- Print out the application form and payment confirmation for your records.
ATMA Exam application fee
- Online submission of the application form fee is the sole option.
- The fee will not be refunded.
- ATMA exam registration is Rs. 2000; women receive a 25% (INR 500) and a 50% (INR 1000) fee reduction, respectively.
- Only debit or credit cards, wallets, net banking, or UPI can be used to pay the exam fee.
How to apply for ATMA Exam
Step 1: Candidates must first visit the ATMA 2023 website.
Step 2: click on “ATMA Exam Registration link”.
Step 3: Complete the form in accordance with your qualifications and personal information.
Step 4: Go to “Press here to register for the ATMA exam” in step four.
Step 5: Pay the required fees with cash, a debit card, a credit card, or a bank transfer.
Step 6: Take a printout of your online application for your records.
Eligibility criteria for ATMA Exam
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or its equivalent. Any discipline should be allowed for the degree.
- Age Limit: There is no specific age limit to appear for the ATMA exam. Candidates of all ages can apply.
- Minimum Percentage: The minimum percentage or CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) required in the qualifying degree may vary from one participating institute to another. It is important to check the specific eligibility criteria of the management institutes where the candidate wishes to apply.
- Nationality: The ATMA exam is open to Indian nationals as well as foreign nationals. However, foreign nationals seeking admission to management programs through ATMA scores may have to fulfill additional criteria set by the respective institutions.
- Number of Attempts: As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, there were no restrictions on the number of attempts for the ATMA exam. Candidates can give this exam as many times as they want to improve their scores.
ATMA exam pattern
- Exam Mode: ATMA is a computer-based test (CBT), which means it is conducted online on a computer at designated test centers.
- Question Format: Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) make up the exam. Candidates must choose the appropriate response from the available choices after each question.
- Sections: The ATMA exam is divided into several sections, which assess different skills of the candidates. The number of sections may vary, but typically, it consists of the following three sections:
- Analytical Reasoning Skills (ARS): This section evaluates the candidate’s ability to analyze and interpret data, logical reasoning, and critical thinking.
- Verbal Skills (VS): The verbal skills section tests the candidate’s language comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, and reading ability.
- Quantitative Skills (QS): This section measures the candidate’s proficiency in mathematics and numerical ability.
- Total Questions: The total number of questions in the ATMA exam may vary from one test administration to another. In the past, it had around 180-200 questions.
- Duration: The total duration of the ATMA exam is generally around 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer typically carries one mark. However, there is negative marking for wrong answers. For every incorrect response, 0.25 marks are deducted as a penalty.
- Medium of Examination: The ATMA exam is conducted in English. All the questions and instructions are in the English language.
ATMA Preparation tips
- Before beginning to study for the exam, go over the entire curriculum and exam format.
- Set a firm schedule and adhere to it.
- Keep your attention solely on your studies and avoid any extraneous distractions.
- Took part in the practice exams.
- Solve the test questions and sample papers from the previous year.
- Maintain your health and abstain from any unhealthy behaviors.
ATMA Exam centers
|Ahmadabad/ Gandhi Nagar
|Hyderabad / Secunderabad
What is ATMA?
ATMA stands for the Aims Test for Management Admissions. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) to assess the aptitude of candidates seeking admission to various postgraduate management programs in India.
Who conducts the ATMA exam?
The ATMA exam is conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS), which is a network of management schools in India.
How can I register for ATMA?
To register for ATMA, candidates need to visit the official website of ATMA and fill out the online registration form.
What is the exam pattern of ATMA?
ATMA is a computer-based test (CBT) and consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Is there negative marking in the ATMA exam?
Yes, there is a penalty for wrong answers in the ATMA exam.
When is ATMA conducted?
ATMA is typically conducted multiple times throughout the year.
What is the validity period of the ATMA score?
The ATMA score is usually valid for one academic year.
Can I take the ATMA exam more than once in a year?
Yes, candidates can take the ATMA exam multiple times in a year.